K-1/K-3 Fiancé(e)/Spouse Visas

If you are an American citizen and want to marry or have married a foreign  national, you have two non-immigrant visa options to bring your spouse or fiancé to the U.S.:

  •  K-1 visas:  allow a fiancé(e) of an American citizen to travel to the U.S. to be married. The citizen files a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and the approved petition is forwarded to the embassy or consulate abroad nearest to the fiancé(e). Once the fiancé(e) attends his/her consular interview, receives the visa stamp, and enters the U.S., the couple must marry within 90 days after the fiancé(e)’s entry.
  • K-3 visas: allow the spouse of an American citizen to live in the U.S. The visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place.

Contact us for additional information on K-1 and K-3 visas and guidance through what can be a complex process.